In my quest to find the newest and most cutting edge fertility information out there, I stumbled upon the book Brighton Baby: The Complete Guide To Preconception & Conception. I was lucky enough to convince Dr. Dittan, the author, to answer to some of my questions regarding his, “revolutionary organic approach to having an extraordinary child.” I also scored a copy of the book, which arrived today. It’s a fatty at over 1,000 pages! A quick page through revealed a 24-week preconception cleanse and eating advice for certain ethnic backgrounds (which is why I covered this on fitnesswhore.com)!
He also mentions some “free things” that will help you prepare for conceiving an extraordinary child:
- Basking in sunlight
- Loving, touching, making love
- Drinking clean water
- Exercising and stretching (e.g. yoga)
- Moving your lymph and blood around by jumping rope, bouncing, walking and skin brushing
- Walking barefoot in the grass or sand
- Deep breathing
- Gazing into each other’s eyes
- Practicing good hygiene, including reproductive hygiene everyday
- Meditating, visualizing your future child together
- Enjoying music, dancing, reading, drawing and painting (Blogging should be on that list!)
Check out my interview with Dr. Dittan if you want to hear more from the author’s mouth. Otherwise, I’ll re-post my Brighton Baby book review here soon.